Lebron James Workout!
Do you dream of winning an NBA Championship and an Olympic Gold Medal then the Lebron James Workout Routine may work for you, if you can keep up. Earlier this year he did an interview Men’s Health where he shared what a Lebron James exercise routine looks like a five day interval:
Lebron James Workout Plan ( 5 Day ):
Do as many reps as your can.
Aim for 10 reps.
1) Dumbbell Snatch
Aim for 5 reps with each arm.
2) Single Arm Cable Row
Do 10 reps with each arm.
1) Dumbbell Squat
Do 8 to 12 reps.
2) Swiss Ball Hip raise and Leg Curls
Do 12 reps.
1) Dumbbell StepUp
Do 10 reps with each leg.
2) Single Leg Standing Dumbbell Calf Raise
Do 12 reps with one leg before repeating with the other leg.
1) Dumbbell Incline Bench Press
Do 10 reps.
2) Lat Pulldown
Do 10 reps.
1) Single Arm Dumbbell Shoulder Press
Do 6 to 8 reps before repeating with the other arm.
2) Single Arm Neutral Graip Dumbbell Row and Rotation
Do 10 reps on each side.
1) Single Leg Squat
Aim for 5 reps per leg.
2) Single Leg Swiss Ball Leg Curl
Aim for 10 reps with each leg.
1) Dumbbell Side Lunge
Do 10 reps in each direction.
2) Unstable Jump Rope
Skip rope for 45 seconds on a cushion surface, such as a stretching mat. The instability will help strengthen your ankles.
Now, remember at the beginning of the article we said working out like Lebron may work for you if you can keep up. And now you get to see what we meant because the work out routine above is just one the exercise programs that James uses. If there was any doubt of hard Lebron James works at being the best let it cease here. His celebrity workout regiment is second to none and if you want to have any chance of playing anywhere near his level then push yourself with these other work outs that LBJ does:
- Grab a medicine ball and while holding it over your head bend your knees and quickly lower the ball too your waist and then jump vertical raising the ball above your head aiming to touch the ball too a predetermined spot. Land, Pause and Repeat the movement. Lebron does this for a minimal of 3 – 5 sets of 5 – 10 jumps each. This movement is designed build leg strength and improve your explosiveness and quickness around the rim.
- Performing squats while standing on a vibrating platform (scientists have found that the low-level frequencies may help the central nervous system activates more muscle cells stimulating an increase in strength.)
- Conventional running & water resistance running on the beach or in a pool (2 to 3 miles).
- Bike riding
- Plyrometric movements for explosiveness.
- Resistance band work.
- Basket ball drills and conditioning on the court.
One things for sure, building a Lebron James body doesn’t come without sacrifice and extreme effort!